Caitlyn's Amazingly Awesome Blog:) <3

A blog for amazingly awesome people like me!!!!!!

Week 3: 5 favorite apps

on March 25, 2014

I rarely use my iPad/iPhone, but when I do, it’s on these apps. These are definitely my favorite apps, and they are on of the most time wasting ones too.

Netflix-I love you! You have given me so many options when I am stuck in my house, whether it’s raining or I’m just home alone. Netflix introduced me to Glee, my now favorite TV show. I watched the first three seasons in probably a month. Also, I started watching Gossip Girl, although I skipped the first four episodes and I went straight to the last one. When I am bored and I feel like watching some old favorites, I’ll watch High School Musical 2 or Cheetah Girls. If I didn’t have Netflix, I wouldn’t be able to watch all of these!

Music- My life. Almost. I listen to my music so much that when I’m not singing or dancing or just plain listening to it, songs are always stuck in my head, literally 24/7. I’m so glad that when Steve Jobs made the iPhone he decided to put a music app on it, along with iTunes. I’m able to buy the songs I want so easily, I don’t have to drive all the way to the store just to buy a song, and if I want to buy a song and not the whole album, I can do that and save money, unlike when we used CDs and you had to buy the whole album. Also, to play a song, all I have to do is click an app and click on the song-and ta da! It’s playing!

Instagram- My whole social life. Everything online socially that I do is on here. Every time I open up my phone, I check Instagram. (It’s kind of a habit now.) I love being able to post pictures of what I’m doing or who I’m hanging out with, and it’s fun to see what other people are doing as well. You can post videos too, and you can like posts that other people post, and you can also like your own. It’s kind of like a younger and easier version of Facebook, although some adults have it.

Huluplus- as I was saying earlier, Netflix introduced me to Glee. But Netflix(at the time) didn’t have season 4 of Glee, so I downloaded Huluplus. I was able to watch season 4, and when season 5 came out, I could watch that as well. The only bad thing is that you also have to pay $8 a month and make an account!

Safari- I don’t even know if this counts as an app since it comes with your iPad/iPhone, but it is definitely the most helpful app-ever. I use it every day for searching things like stores for when I’m shopping, to looking up words that I don’t know. It’s so helpful and so easy to use too! Also, you can watch music that yo haven’t downloaded on YouTube, and you can watch music videos, which is what I mostly use safari for.

3 Responses to “Week 3: 5 favorite apps”

1. josephhk says:

Dear Caitlyn,
    My name is Joseph, and I go to school in Florida. I found your name on the student blogging challenge, and a lot of the things that you do, I like to do as well.I noticed that you play the guitar.I started playing as a four year old, and now it’s my most favorite hobby by far!After looking at the student blogging challenge,I saw that you have interest in a bunch of websites.Do you want to have a job with technology involved in it? Joseph

• caitlyne719 says:

I haven’t been playing guitar that long, but I really love it! I actually don’t have an interest in websites(I wrote this for the student blogging challenge) and I wouldn’t like to have a job with technology as a big part of it. Technology just doesn’t work for me, something always goes wrong! But I do like Netflix a lot.

2. eliza113 says:

Hi Caitlyne! My name is Eliza and I love Netflix too. My favorite shows on Netflix are Psych and Parenthood. Come see my blog!
    http://eliza113.edublogs.org/