Caitlyn's Amazingly Awesome Blog:) <3

A blog for amazingly awesome people like me!!!!!!

Snow Day

on February 21, 2014

20140220-231609.jpg

It was pitch black. I woke up to a bright screen flashing in my face while my dad whispered “Listen to this!” As excited as he could say it while trying not to disturb the rest of the house and still being half asleep.I turned my head away from the pillow to listen to the blinking screen say, “All Eanes schools have been closed for the day due to severe weather in the area.” And it repeated over and over. My dad left the room and I went back into a deep sleep.

There was light seeping in through the curtains in my room and my sister was jumping on my bed saying, “Caitlyn, lookout the window, there is snow! Look, it’s snow! Oh my Gosh, it’s so pretty, you should see it! Open your curtain!” I groggily reach my hand up and pull back the curtain slightly. Sure enough, the ground is covered in a thin icy layer of glittery white snow. Suddenly I am wide awake jumping out of my bed. “Let’s go outside!” I say to my sister. I get my clothes on, layering up for the freezing snow. Two layers of leggings, uggs, a long sleeve shirt, a sweatshirt, and two jackets. I am finally ready. I go to my sisters room. “Are you ready?” I ask her. She nods and we go to my brothers room since he is up and we tell him we are going outside. He nods and says he will join us. I go back to my room and grab my phone and just as I am walking down the stairs, my dad stops me.

“What are you doing?” He asks me softly. I explain that I am going outside and he tells me to be quiet because it’s only 7:30 and people are still sleeping. I nod and rush down the stairs and catch up to my siblings. I turn the handle on the door and bitter cold air rushes in. I step through the door after Josh and Bekah and shut it behind me. Our sidewalk is coated in a layer of beautiful white snow and so is everything. There is icicles on the trees and my air is coming out in cloudy white puffs. It’s like I’ve stepped into Winter Wonderland. I text my neighbor and tell her that it’s snowing and she should come outside. She answers and says she is coming. A few minutes later she and he brother step out of their house. The next few hours are spent playing outside in the snow and drinking hot chocolate and freezing my face off outside. At one point my older sister finally comes out and joins us, at another my neighbors brother drops his phone in the sewer and we had to get it.

Over all, it was a really exciting and eventful day and I’m so happy that we had a snow day because they are so fun and I love them so much! I enjoyed picking icicles off of my house and wiping the snow off of my car and maybe next year we can get another one!

One Response to “Snow Day”

1. Mrs. Kriese says:

I’m so glad you enjoyed the day! Some people think we should turn these bad weather days into “cyber days” wherein teachers could send students their lessons electronically (so that we wouldn’t have to make up the days), but I think that’s ridiculous. Kids need to enjoy snow days when they happen…just like we teachers did when we were your age!